Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Very First Post!

Okay, I admit it.  As a mom of two girls under 3 years old, life got hectic and I began wondering where my passion for teaching went.  The great potential for what I had in me felt wasted away and I became LAZY, in only my first 3 years of teaching!  I felt the need to be more for my students and for myself. Enter, WHOLE BRAIN TEACHING!  (Well, actually, my first obsession was Pinterest who led me to this and TeachersPayTeachers..  who knew all this teacher amazingNESS existed?!) 

Anyone who has spoken to me since August, knows I have this crazy addiction to EVERYTHING WBT.  I became fascinated with the videos, and everything just made sense!  I would literally be thinking, "Well what about.." and I swear Coach B. would hear me through the computer and respond withs something brilliant!  When I began my quest for certification less than a month ago, I realized from the forums that I wasn't alone in my fixation with WBT! So if your just getting your feet wet, get ready to dive in! 

Last week I had a teacher in my school walk into my classroom and witness the effects of WBT on my 5th graders.  Today I was SO EXCITED to hear "OH YEAH" coming out of her 3rd grade classroom.  At the end of the day she told me how she spent all weekend watching videos on it (I told you it's addicting!)  Gleefully, she explained how usually she walks out at the end of the day feeling worn out, (sound familiar?) but just one day into WBT she actually felt ENERGIZED at the end of the day.  That is EXACTLY what WBT is all about.  You put alot of energy into it but get so much more out of it.  Everyday I am excited to teach!  If that's not enough to make you want to learn more, I don't know what  is!  So please stick around..I already have a ton of WBT stories and other Teacher Tidbits to share :) 

Ms. Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or some feedback :)